|Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] FLENS C++ expression template Library has excellent documentation
- From: Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:14:39 +0530
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=D7yAkWeo9YI5FhvDC35p4kyZo4JOqllAurqKsS67REY=; b=wehWODF1RPkir1SKXAgu5QLHL3nPaN0RhkpiznmoZy5qG2152CLgn9+2n/YD7lY2Iw sQJCf4243GIU8vK7HqUmEl0bRbD0Se5TxL0OOW0VibihFZQx9YnC0Ji2IHt91vfpWN5j HLiIeN9IdmX+9ZfwxfvgCDDZox8cj/gtY4pkg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=fDW6Tbb/JnMjBbyJKwd9vqHu/Hw7t50pKv1IZrEY828vejQeZuLRR2wbu4f/1j1Ehu 4fytv6G/T2hPpbBy5hAApxx0CzPYkkbrS9oJTB2TDKfeTQMG+uyUhZOFwKI9/8ZljLBC Bow57Cou5V+dTl6xOiwx0z2BzUfnx1spIlHIk=
Well it is just an interface, so the question of benching it is
somewhat fuzzy. But I think lapack SHOULD be there in the eigen bench
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Andre Krause <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> no, i just wanted to show you that lib, because it seems not to be known widely.
> and the documentation is very nice. it describes in an easy to follow manner how
> static polymorphism and expression templates and closures work - for people who
> have no idea about these techniques (like me ;-).
> and they describe very detailed their architecture - so it might be possible
> that some new ideas might arise .
> i know that the great thing about eigen2 is that you do NOT need to install blas
> and lapack !!
> so in summary, just adding another lib to the list of known , avtively developed
> linear algebra c++ libs. might also be interesting when it comes to benchmarking.
> kind regards, andre
> Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> 2009/4/17 Andre Krause <post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hello EIGEN - List,
>>> i want to point you to the lib FLENS. It provides a C++ Interface to BLAS and
>>> LAPACK in a expression template manner. I am mentioning flens here, because it
>>> may be a source of inspiration for further eigen2 design desicions.
>> Do you have something specific in mind? We took the different approach
>> of replacing BLAS and LAPACK, rather than wrapping around them.
>> Although there is work left to do, we are at the point where, given
>> sufficient contributions, we can hope to quickly become a complete
>> enough replacement for a vast majority of users.
>>> here is the very extensive documentation:
>> Wow, he wrote a 160-page book ?! And that's not doxygen generated, but
>> completely handwritten and TeX'd ?! Seriously this is impressive, but
>> I don't see us doing that. We simply don't have time... unless someone
Department of Physics
Indian Institute of Technology