|Re: [eigen] [Eigen] SSE may cause linker error on VS.net|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [Eigen] SSE may cause linker error on VS.net
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:39:09 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=6X7XKa7Nkruoxh/4G1rnMu9iPL2WyZFmCyMzlufA7Cs=; b=CX6qB4LC0kjeXJmZUaQaZTGEamBk4c6DtbqtpLNGtpnW/fu+2UjYHYVaWACjwqwRai bQhuZaX9SHejB8UWdBWQCdKjaOrxqoqbI6spQD58XPIeolAN5PwxjivepY5ZrqZt3v8C JpYw9bKiVKob9UrI+11mLvTdsewsDHfrY9D3s=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Kq7QAfZ+2VHDkyLkHtTUX836m9P0+0X2bP0CwUYlxx/EhU0NSdBy6yUbqw2V6QPgIY AEGfWuzySXOPMhxly1wxBvGgyxF9d9omXC7dAbJix6JUHX7gRPJQRMqnIcBAU5znxHpT ZUPvk5lSWIaMpV4IkOKHdn9gmnwHlDtolFS9o=
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (...) Here's something I never quite understood : is it ok to
> overload a template function by a non-template one?
According to Sutter (http://www.gotw.ca/publications/mill17.htm) it is
not only allowed but always to be preferred and his moral/solution #2
has the nice property that link error will not occur, even without the
confusing static keyword for globals - if I am not totally mistaken.
In the earlier post, I was concluding from the fact that because for
'static int a = 5;' in a header file there is a symbol created in each
compilation unit in which this header file is included, this would
also hold for global static functions. I seem to have been wrong.
Have a good evening...