Re: [eigen] [Eigen] SSE may cause linker error on VS.net

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (...) Here's something I never quite understood : is it ok to
> overload a template function by a non-template one?

According to Sutter (http://www.gotw.ca/publications/mill17.htm) it is
not only allowed but always to be preferred and his moral/solution #2
has the nice property that link error will not occur, even without the
confusing static keyword for globals - if I am not totally mistaken.

In the earlier post, I was concluding from the fact that because for
'static int a = 5;' in a header file there is a symbol created in each
compilation unit in which this header file is included, this would
also hold for global static functions. I seem to have been wrong.

Have a good evening...
Hauke