[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] StdVector
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:25:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=21kh8Pgjl1uZ6xB/xBNpkG/fXttFajHzTU+x6lupUgQ=; b=KJYm3Zae18Fd9tSPCzhdbIVPV3RxgDt2hRVUnbe4u0nYbcHgCxy28jZ4+XpItRuzdD 8mMsJMzRsO0ZzjUswS2gJtRpsBG6VIVcn9hSkfCRH6sPoqvpPicjKwAin8ws0ORZNOc7 nAcd8LHu4+HDOxR/vy6AsWasiqj6sCTY32WYM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ekiMOvbqy3huO0susOW9BvyRDU07T5N+fHB0T0gxBAkyKUgk/KdJUU9LtlwenMifUc thWYys8kVW7CVbLRhtz5mxhbZrulnR7H5E7jdmxiNKQMY/qPEZQWh549U6GrF3QH1EBI 64ZYuhBkSYC2NwfUumMroJde/kSblAlptL1hE=
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Markus Moll
> On Tuesday 21 April 2009 13:47:34 Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>> rev 957053 should also fix the linkage issue. At least with my trivial
>> example it now works. So please, Markus (and others), can you tell us
>> if that work for you ?
> Sort of. The linker error is obviously gone, but the vector interface is still
> incorrect (it's at least missing a templated constructor from an iterator
> range, which makes existing code fail to compile), and to me it still feels
> very wrong to manipulate std::vector. I like the idea of forcing the user to
> use aligned_allocator _a lot_ better.
I fixed that issue 5 mn ago !
Note that even if we enforce the user to use aligned_allocator, we
still have to reimplement the tricky resize functions that is the main
limitation because it depends on the platform
So basically, the only difference is that we would avoid the ugly
#define vector std_vector when including <vector>. But I don't think
that's a good reason to not keep the current solution which is simpler
>> The current solution still only require the inclusion of
>> Eigen/StdVector without any other change.
> The question remains: is that worth it? And why only for std::vector? (leaving
> the resize problem aside)
because other stl types do not exhibit the "bug" of the resize
function. So, for other types just use aligned_allocator.
> PGP key on www.esat.kuleuven.be/~mmoll/public_key.pgp
> Fingerprint is
> 90C4 B47D 1A00 5AC1 9147 3197 EDA7 1E0E 99E4 9EDB