Re: [eigen] sse transcendental functions

I was looking through the svn log and i found this

r944892 | ggael | 2009-03-26 18:20:24 +0530 (Thu, 26 Mar 2009) | 6 lines

* enable vectorization of sin, cos, etc. by default with an option to
  disable them (-DEIGEN_FAST_MATH=0)
* add a specialization of MatrixBase::operator*(RealScalar) for fast
  "matrix of complex" times scalar products (even more useful for
  autodiff scalar types)

1) It could be obvious but what does the DEIGEN_FAST_MATH macro do?

2) do you feel there is place for fast implementations of such
transcendental functions in eigen? I think we should clearly advertise
in the documentation that the SSE version is for 'fast-operations' as
seems to be the case. BTW, automagically enabling these when the user
compiles with -ffast-math would be cool.

3) any particular reason why the sincos4f from the Julian's sources
hasn't made it in yet?

--
Rohit Garg

http://rpg-314.blogspot.com/