|Re: [eigen] sse transcendental functions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] sse transcendental functions
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:20:44 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=t2zSJAcKnCPx24UOPlwLl1xvhotRwLvny5KOmR9hBFY=; b=rvK6+pOheX7GkB5R399/6f+2QP2520rSG0xsgit+j+BOy8h0hxC7UQifSnA1wNo9Kg RyZ62aUlS+XlkeESj3tE4gntLzROKPTIfURfw5uc/Ae4BY6Hk4dDOIpivMqeZLe4yYgj KIkVlO7KC2mHFxc5xpU0Fzk/bET4gB9cUjxHc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=M4SMSXGAjqfmfhSHg/2kt2kf+MW4oawTIC5c/CugQrn+LguvzDLBkPoGbsMKkG5kEQ 475iRm+p63wtGadzxPUbEZ8lkXQWu8LERvD88dJ9P04kqpara303jVz06cwU1LrgVvPZ QLwlyR47AtJrCVrj68Gzi1Mim5gug5b1oRRgw=
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Rohit Garg <rpg.314@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 3) any particular reason why the sincos4f from the Julian's sources
>>> hasn't made it in yet?
>> because currently there is no sincos function in eigen.
> Well that's exactly what I was asking, sincos function has been
> implemented by Julian, then why was it not committed. AFAICS, is it
> because the return values are passed by pointer to it?
I meant there is no mat.cwise().sincos() function yet, which I guess
should be an "in place" function taking two matrices. its
implementation is not completely trivial (not difficult though)
because we cannot reuse existing Eigen's mechanism. Said that I can
still add the low level ei_psincos() function, but it won't be used
until someone write the high level function.
hm... I'm thinking that perhaps the trick we used for swap could work
> Rohit Garg
> Senior Undergraduate
> Department of Physics
> Indian Institute of Technology