|Re: [eigen] Revision 925153 (and a tiny bug, I think)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Revision 925153 (and a tiny bug, I think)
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:09:51 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Fec0G6PgFE+u3TMmZcErxJkKG3RQ9NrURY87ZW2vRsc=; b=mqi0m7IjNk6H5Hevz8D09gqwVqwnsrL0Hlng+kPbEA5q1I95JvfA6Zalvil4LThMZA 3nutszrO/YfDcI8F74/hQjG8FM3cpx+u9RPs+Pfvji7M16zoqM/dmMRYre/Jz7jVVNdk X95sVgKmSPtC4yjxIAiN4Of+VfQVLo4i4ReVE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=uNG6Y/hU7ecqxMG3810vCLpGcXWftYRv24ZAmgt2DsW044Gy5OCYx/pbxawN8CBRB+ Xk6nYHdvCxFyiRFEb2HOxot8hWxeBBkl4KC3UmB3A4tJfvLtyqelhGuzA+WdJ+Lv7HRt A2bDvltbiYg4Vno4/swLf1cMbZYnzR8y1xZIg=
2009/3/31 Markus Moll <markus.moll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Yesterday, I ran into a very nasty bug in Eigen 2.0 that has been fixed in
> r925153. In short, this bug made MatrixBase<...>::col() reference wrong
> (consecutive) elements with row major matrices. As I don't think I am the only
> one using row major matrices with eigen, my question would be if this wouldn't
> warrant a minor bugfix release (2.0.1?) with just the patch r925152 -> r925153
> applied? In my opinion, this is a serious issue with this otherwise fantastic
This fix was already backported to the stable branch, along with many
others. Yes, we plan to release 2.0.1 soon with these fixes.
> While browsing the code in order to find out what happened, I think I have
> also discovered a (non-severe) bug in one of the assertions that is still
> present in HEAD. The assertion tests RowsAtCompileTime != Dynamic twice, while
> I firmly believe that one test should be ColsAtCompileTime != Dynamic.
Thank you, patch applied to both trunk and the stable branch.