[no subject]

I just mention that as a possible explanation for discrepancy in
benchmarks, but even so, I believe that our benchmarking is perfectly
fair, because we aim Eigen to be useful for widely deployed software,
where there can be no question of tuning for a specific machine (we
still allow to control some internal parameters such as expected cache
size). By contrast, if what I understood of ATLAS's tuning is correct,
it is really aimed at university computing servers, not at wide
deployment.

> Said that, I still hope to be able to
> reach MKL performance by improving the use of caches, and I know how
> to do it, I just have to find time...

Awesome! That said, the current level of performance is already more
than satisfactory!