Re: [eigen] Fast QR for 2x2, 3x3

first of all, thanks for the piece of code !

then,  I don't think we want to provide multiple algorithms for the
same matrix sizes. So basically all the logic would be done by the QR
class:

if (matrix_sizes_at_compile_time==2x2)
  use Givens 2x2 path
else if (matrix_sizes_at_compile_time==3x3)
  use Givens 3x3 path
else if (matrix_sizes_at_compile_time<16x16)
  use generic fixed size gram schmidt path
else
  use Householder path

in order to reduce compilation time this branching should be done
using meta programming via either specializations of the whole QR
class or using internal meta selectors. For instance if we do it at
the QR class level, its declaration would be:

template<typename MatrixType, int QrMethod =
ei_qr_method<MatrixType>::ret > class QR;

and to reduce some code duplication we can add a QrBase class. Note
that this option still allow the user to overwrite the QR method to
use a more generic one.

Also, note that we have not guaranteed the API stability of the QR
module yet, so some minor modifications could be acceptable. In
particular we have to find a way to make it more generic such that it
can be used on sub matrices and/or with given matrix storages (this
also holds for LU, Cholesky, Tridiag, etc.)

Another issue: currently the QR class compute the Q and R matrices in
a compact form mixing the triangular R matrix with a set of
householder vectors for Q.  Perhaps it would be better to ask the user
to specify which matrices have to be computed and directly compute
them in an explicit form ?

gael.