|[eigen] problem with colwise/cross product|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [eigen] problem with colwise/cross product
- From: "Timothy Hunter" <tjhunter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:53:29 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender :to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; bh=ruzFHfVWtxXgZmejayXlzm/1MhmTBtQIJrZBjaQWuIs=; b=Xpo6cVjY650sX3xkwRRkDbsuSVIcDnshnvy1ix4Ocl84TGkkgp8wdufy/JLtE/Jo6D TwPkMi6z93vG4B/3IhhurhAf1ixrgDdHmOD8M68PLf/awHtDPEXThdeWWmMi14ZhYtQr aMXWxO5diOnpuCHNs6AQrRsww2sdvS3jtP0yo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; b=MoXm+OJXEcIF5KD/44m4/Jxakm/gbYcJ1CCIdupBy9Nq9UHFqt3xq4PLqdId3pwHMU Tl9F/HazRXRblc5qelQpFEMjQmpNYubEy+EPVklvEHZ2TjjQE+Q/6svHvCeoGzp6PbGL /WBSd0UI70W/eeWVfFzioin+UBnnlM/5oxI/E=
I have column vectors packed in a matrix and I want to perform
cross-product on each of these vectors. I thought of using the
..colwise method but it fails to compile.
Matrix3f M, M2;
M2 = M.colwise().cross(v);
(sorry the computer I am currently using does not have eigen installed
so I don't have the error messages, but you should be able to repoduce
I am using for now an auxiliary function with a for loop, but I
believe the case above should work. Do you think you can check this
before the 2.0 release?
On an other topic, I experimented a bit with interfacing Eigen with
python. My version of swig cannot even parse the code (it does not
understand template syntax like foo. template method<T>() ). I have
some proof of concept code using Boost.Python that loads Eigen as a
Python module, but I would like to get the slicing to work before
presenting something. Is anyone interested?
Happy new year 2009!