Re: [eigen] copyright years

Now that it's 2009, should we update copyright years in our files?
- does it matter?
- what is the rule? what does it even mean?

For what it's worth, the FSF policy is that when a file gets modified, you need to add the additional copyright year.

This is important -- you are indicating that you have written something for each year listed. Otherwise, a blanket copyright (e.g. 2000-2009) could be contested because you did not actually modify the file in 2002.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff