|Re: [eigen] copyright years|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] copyright years
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:44:19 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=iwmUReOKij2IZYelcNrEes5DSBtesNb6Fxqja+dKGXo=; b=laU803PcOHWgoETKrBzlsHMtZGQKdQ+dDIBN7SSjqQWvREQtwkvf/7eOS9Rf5IcZNd cO8ECV8xvYaL1hUeW1ZpHq6Y4r7xMuQ0+gJP9ZacbaE0ixeU8FBNUtYrErwpdxV1Kqzo 4uqzyx4na0vijsDLVIK0YPQL2pBMYVVC2idhk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=B8EUP1ef0gcaXq9/zREtEvMk7azR61II9z5Un109mUPX21pdLcPX/woykoNriJ9LID xEhGLizumrUV6xbD8VoX0GXcTAaDoStpRb9Rjq10Pa4xC+IhlVekmqrYSO3T7iVs5H95 YvcPHUhgL/QlP/TBee9LNjbl0+lEEi+FO6Xo4=
I think i should revise some "copyright 2006-2008" i've put, referring
to Eigen1: most of that code has nothing to do with Eigen 1.
2009/1/28 Geoffrey Hutchison <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Now that it's 2009, should we update copyright years in our files?
>> - does it matter?
>> - what is the rule? what does it even mean?
> For what it's worth, the FSF policy is that when a file gets modified, you
> need to add the additional copyright year.
> This is important -- you are indicating that you have written something for
> each year listed. Otherwise, a blanket copyright (e.g. 2000-2009) could be
> contested because you did not actually modify the file in 2002.
> Hope that helps,