|Re: [eigen] [PATCH] Toeplitz matrix specialization|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [PATCH] Toeplitz matrix specialization
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:00:46 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=fGPQ4sS59uirxJEHtP22eClbPog791wXQTN1pioZ59c=; b=MmwdcLKCE92jhqqX1RPcHbnFy1oTBiafiRpspdnlzVGGzSjkhyklrPLtTibRjVDq6L dCxQKYN1SEBq7Q85btOmoikF6HUuQXQnkkTeTJNvfscuc2SFUlGi/+Wy1HEjXDgPDR+4 JCfn7PLDCl/3sKvGD+KUS2NchO2bp+J0Fw9gc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=gaYjiaGAWc1dErbYayF/elGWb7dXlWvgPac1arJmdaCR6S0fCsO6HJR7djJwBcYc2j 6AhWRg6QpNvvRekhELnEmVQploX2TixvrVT+QpS/gMzirX3kKu4FMSpjZVr05FHxxMy8 r69h5dQbWORDcNSIs1xz2P//S7dOEu+Tgqgxk=
Thanks for your patch.
We are in the process of rethinking completely how we deal with
The first kind of such matrices in Eigen was diagonal matrices.
Then, Mauro came by with a patch for tridiagonal matrices, showing
that we need to rethink that completely.
We're going to decide for a general approach to this subject very
soon, and then it'll be a perfect time to add Toeplitz matrices.
But it's very good that you sent this now as it gives us one more
example to keep in mind when deciding for an approach for special
2009/1/27 Ricard Marxer Piñón <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Here is a first draft of a Toeplitz Matrix specialization.
> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toeplitz_matrix )
> A couple of things:
> - I added a few methods to MatrixBase to easily construct Toeplitz
> matrices the same way as Diagonal matrices (asToeplitz(), isToeplitz())
> - I added a flag ConstantDiagsBit (maybe it would be better to call it
> ToeplitzBit, I don't know)
> Let me know if I'm going on the right direction and what I did wrong.
> Toeplitz matrices allow for specialized solver Levinson-Durbin recursion
> which exploits its structure.