|Re: [eigen] [PATCH] Toeplitz matrix specialization|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] [PATCH] Toeplitz matrix specialization
- From: Mauro Iazzi <mauro.iazzi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:37:07 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=YV4hdisGEJ3q82J9iZsU0KAlFITnRouyC2d9oN18rF8=; b=Xtokg6Pt2741iT5+AMUq20i0wQWKPkkFUuzZ/LxhsDBkvwjgM9B/DDwKiDdNYmKrjM JxqA2kIaSX6AmqK8I7bTap0+VVleTqTOyUh08LTc/gA1aAm6OgCQBz4A5JoxkFOtDOIb ZpWDNGpy5zFN0Asq3VET8ftCzwNNx4XvjmUVw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=A1EkpZTk10BZYEnY9AGLT9dLs2lyBIqPP7CfdYN7aOuGw5hG6wuNF5k0VyO4JMAAkg uQ4ODUgx0AW8r0OUIi+lZ0cojk37xI08uyOZFookFwHxysP3kp8dia8a87UvBgU3S9L3 CvbIofF85hHu4So/9Nef+9OsvN14n+rw1v1Oc=
2009/1/28 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for your patch.
> We are in the process of rethinking completely how we deal with
> special matrices.
> The first kind of such matrices in Eigen was diagonal matrices.
> Then, Mauro came by with a patch for tridiagonal matrices, showing
> that we need to rethink that completely.
> We're going to decide for a general approach to this subject very
> soon, and then it'll be a perfect time to add Toeplitz matrices.
> But it's very good that you sent this now as it gives us one more
> example to keep in mind when deciding for an approach for special
Hi, I'm still thinking about that...
Is there any new idea on how to handle this problem?
On a side note, wouldn't it be nice if sparse matrices were in the same class?