|Re: [eigen] Any suggestions for good books about matrix properties?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Any suggestions for good books about matrix properties?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:20:29 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=veSdGpIVk79FiknrQSiCj6xc5SIjvr34pKLLuuPfIwI=; b=VRMtjBskzzYuHa2G82dL3+EZUBEJ/AsOxt+2/UmGxjXVB2cD2Omg3YvoQPvPG7l9uo ckfhPdV8Xin4NYFLLCVxqkPxnD/1PGH+K+yuSYgGpjO2geADwk4ax1JMg8pP/l5Aj9cQ jUO/4+BPFc9+/VE5LZKpQcIV3hT6SlXvXZlpg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=rNjz7YGAXGjlmBeNN960Q9hqTxGvRvSKzJixsOC7afovPf8p2Zmiyg0OlFnus2wzAA KN+Na10mSWkMuqeAh555N1wY/21g0GXb6wtVD1DfSzQ5TL/iJZZBtwnix8kWd2dPbyxV mHwKoZn34NByoRsIbNZ/5COnmIRAmHC3+p3B4=
Good to hear from you Ben!
Check out the Eigen Magic Bookstore (tm): http://download.tuxfamily.org/eigen/
---> for pure math aspects, like "positive definite", this book:
---> for computational aspects, like "pivoting", this book:
2009/1/28 Schleimer, Ben <bensch128@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I've been lurking for a long time and really enjoying the direction that eigen2 is proceeding. Unfortunately, at this point with all of the talk about "positive definite matrices" and "partial vs. full pivoting", I've gotten lost.
> Can anyone recommend a good linear algebra book that can explain these concepts, preferably in a textbook format with exercises and solutions?
> Anyway, I hope to contribute soon.