Re: [eigen] calculating on ranges

2009/1/27 Jos van den Oever <jvdoever@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/1/27 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Again if vectorization matters it's no big deal, we just need a packet
>>> version of exp(). You'd then benefit from it automatically.
>
> The code looks really nice. The types are a bit verbose, but nothing too tragic.

Remember you can extend MatrixBase if you want to be able to call
these coefficient-wise methods without having to call cwise()
everytime. See:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/CustomizingEigen.html#ExtendingMatrixBase

You can also call operator += directly on const_cast_derived() to
avoid creating explicitly this y.

> I overlooked the 'segment()' function in the API. It is very elegant.
> exp() is critical for us and a source of many optimization attempts.
> This is the case for many applications in chemistry and physics. So
> having the possibility of vectorizing it is very nice. Can you give a
> pointer on how to go about in doing this?

Google found code here:
http://gruntthepeon.free.fr/ssemath/
http://gruntthepeon.free.fr/ssemath/sse_mathfun.h

We could strip a lot of stuff from this file and keep only the SSE2 path.

That would be stuff for Eigen 2.1.