|Re: [eigen] calculating on ranges|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] calculating on ranges
- From: Jos van den Oever <jvdoever@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:47:56 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=zj99SZrYBkiU8jCSbj4ut6CCkGobyzAZ2U5JsHJmZ1U=; b=fMJOgS0PEt/+DYVy5PWeBLy4Sl3LfbYi89PUvJ0u0pl2M1xfTLPgESEeGKwpPzpLXG elclCV3FjDOKKlWvkBE81Gcm3V2/ExYrXLgJpSQasO6Ce2LEwxN9PBwyMoGngSntx1uP N8b/OyP/4PJx6QR8awlsayF5ANDQT17BlnRBQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ec+N342V276w7s5dQt4zmiQnUK8OPg7SKVjBMZRfrfN2tv9NTSFgpHv+QqXfM1/pQG xZnrlnuznhuxenvXPRWmWWC1yhqBiBitIfguFa5RxNtKdZ7+1XH+2pEibY6a8Ok2EZp7 g352UfVypqwBdm312CztygAURuUEQQ0Ezuipc=
2009/1/27 Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Again if vectorization matters it's no big deal, we just need a packet
>> version of exp(). You'd then benefit from it automatically.
The code looks really nice. The types are a bit verbose, but nothing too tragic.
I overlooked the 'segment()' function in the API. It is very elegant.
exp() is critical for us and a source of many optimization attempts.
This is the case for many applications in chemistry and physics. So
having the possibility of vectorizing it is very nice. Can you give a
pointer on how to go about in doing this?