Re: [eigen] Re: [Bf-committers] How about adding boost uBLAS library to blender/extern?

2009/1/27 Keir Mierle <mierle@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Shaul Kedem <shaul.kedem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Thank you for the info benoit.
>>
>> Can you please ask him how he debug the template on each platform?
>
> Usually GDB. However, as a user of Eigen for libmv, I find the
> debugger / eigen issue is irrelevant because the bugs are all in my
> code, not Eigen. If anything, your code is more likely to work with
> Eigen after compiling (compared to C matrix libraries) because the
> types have much more information about the computations and will
> refuse to compile nonsensical expressions.

Indeed GDB has no problem at all with templates. Symbol names appear
as you see them in the source code, there is no issue at all.

This has at least been the case since I am developing Eigen (since 2006).

>> what is his main dev platform?
>
> Linux.

Yup indeed:

me: Linux / x86