|Re: [eigen] patch for tridiagonal matrices in eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] patch for tridiagonal matrices in eigen
- From: Kenneth Riddile <kfriddile@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 11:33:03 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Message-ID; b=N70l2GNCpAPRzfvGXzyF1mQO3KM+PyPSOT+cFzSMKhXV49D6F3+x0gk3cQwZFZM5Fp4pCo9veci9emHOjgEwRMnsXYW6GqRKTvJe4tNx6PZcJ2+OPAKJ2pl8o4CFD0Vmq4k7cFijejdCIqrwivFqJ9byTn92XB2mOWSlMBjvRdE=;
Ya, using exclusive flags there will definitely scale better than the current design. Another option that also improves scalability might be to use a std::bitset.
--- On Fri, 12/19/08, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [eigen] patch for tridiagonal matrices in eigen
> To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 12:25 PM
> 2008/12/19 Mauro Iazzi <mauro.iazzi@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I do not understand properly the meaning of these
> flags. For example
> > part needs assumes some to be exclusive but not others
> > UpperTriangular is not UpperHessenberg, but
> StrictlyUpper is
> > UpperTridiagonal...). If part() checked using ==
> instead of & I think
> > it would be safe to use the Flags to mark the type of
> the matrix (it
> > already does in some points).
> Hm, good remark.
> It seems that the current design, whcih worked quite well
> do far, does
> not scale very well.
> Maybe indeed it's time to start using exclusive flags
> and == instead of &.