Re: [eigen] patch to throw std::bad_alloc

--- On Tue, 12/16/08, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ah, yes, that was unintentional and simply a result of
> different coding styles.  I'm more used to wrapping the
> contents of a file in the appropriate namespace blocks
> instead of wrapping the #include since it simplifies
> maintenance (reduces unintentional namespace pollution and
> ensures that moving an #include doesn't subtly alter the
> meaning of that file's contents).
>
> Sure, Eigen is just very special in this respect since so
> much code is
> in headers. The current scheme reduces a lot the amount of
> namespace{}
> statements and centralizes them all in a single place, the
> public
> headers.

Actually, being header-only isn't that special.  Almost all of Boost is header-only along with most of Intel's TBB and most of STL.  As long as those headers are never included somewhere else, then you don't have to worry about accidentally removing things from the Eigen namespace...but we all know that "never" really just means "just far enough in the future to forget important details" when it comes to software development :)

---