Re: [eigen] A complex FFT for Eigen

Benoit Jacob wrote:
<snip>

Let's give us a bit more time to determine whether we want FFT inside
Eigen -- don't want to sound un-enthusiastic, it's rather that I'm
currently busy and I don't want to make the wrong decision.

Anybody reading this, opinions?
May be I'm completely wrong on this. But my understanding is that most usually, fft/dft is done on dynamic size data, or at least on fixed size data with N not too small. What I would look into whether it would be easy to use fftw with eigen. From what I gather fftw is really one of the fastest FFT library out there. Even if eigen could get close to the performance of fftw the question still remains whether it's worth it. May be an optional module that integrates Eigen into fftw could be coded quickly and would reduce code duplication. fftw is gpl, so there are no issues there

Just my 2 cents

Cheers
Benjamin

Cheers