|Re: [eigen] delaying beta2 a bit?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] delaying beta2 a bit?
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:57:21 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=o4psqtLb8rXzNYSRFlWUvVwoHQUF9OZfgv3mHfG0+5s=; b=fWeZhtJnTl4hq80Zq51sEzBoaVyc0EPF6eGi90i8Hqfq28hWGPYcnTwXJiue6Xc2r1 1bmHvJcnc6hAC2+Fe5cTUv4tBFKcZhGt/mVdo+fZIHgWGUkBp28UPzcya+Q5vzvtUJrQ 9cJzk6W9SFaTzi0oc6lt/6RaEMhFBT/zwU92E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=BsBCaxMxcs5Z+vGYWJH2CUrizSvjk8MXqfM9cc1Mjni9WWvcoq3Vn5FHnqYE5IGkWa XwnwA5vb7yQAQ7px2rw0HxxXoOX/HOzc0ODRdoEjxMHLXO3onDQnPbYQOGOqn7vBUWqr SktQy29msY/sQXtEHl0NW6lr+sPnmlOdKCJW0=
I agree with you too. Releasing beta2 right now is just a waste of
time, so let's delay a bit, and perhaps I'll find some time...
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sorry, i really didn't have time to do the doc improvements that i wanted.
> So we have 2 options:
> - releases beta2 now and say that more doc improvements come in the
> next beta or rc;
> - or delay beta2.
> Since i'd rather focus on documentation than making releases, i'd say
> let's do solution 2, the only drawback is
> that the online documentation isn't updated for now, but every serious
> user of trunk will know how to do "make doc" by now...
> - KOffice seems to be delayed to January or something like that
> - Avogadro hasn't quite yet reached API stability so it probably also
> won't release before January.
> This means that if we want we too can release eigen2 in january. I
> think that taking all our time with this beta cycle has already
> resulted in many improvements, and I think we can continue like this.
> My personal schedule (i knew that in advance and discussed with Gaël)
> is that i put all my teaching at 1st semester, that's why i'm busy
> now. I'll be more available after.
> What do you think of:
> - beta2 in 2 weeks, with docu improvements (i promise!)
> - rc1 in early january. By rc I mean a real release candidate i.e. we
> expect it to be the final release. Not "ridiculous count" as Linus
> puts it.