|Re: [eigen] A complex FFT for Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
Matthias Pospiech wrote:
Thanks for the comment. It will not be as fast as fftw, but might get
Tim Molteno schrieb:
Are you sure that it matches in performance with the FFTW Libary? I
just say that because I personally would use eigen for matrixes and
FFTW for FFT.
But maybe you can convince of the improvements of you solution
compared to mine. The first that would come to my mind is, that FFTW
requires a plain 1D C-Array for a Matrix (of 2 or 3 dimensions).
Eigen is great. Thanks to everyone who has done so much work on it.
I've written a complex fft algorithm for eigen. It uses template
metaprogramming, and is fairly snappy.
But it has other advantages
1) It is templated (fftw does not play nicely with fixed point for example)
2) It is very simple to use
3) If you're only doing one fft, it might even be faster than fftw since
fftw requires a two-pass approach
4) It is GPL 3.
5) It is only a few lines of code (130)
1) Requires a power of 2 length
2) Only one dimension at the moment. I'll get 2D transforms incorporated
into Eigen when I next require them.