|Re: [eigen] Supported scalar types on Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Supported scalar types on Eigen
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 16:38:28 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=a/1fwO4sKB2ELcQePPZmoQ4gZjXH9NeDYDg8ZV4qVhI=; b=OjNpa0Ykp1BQrOCUKO7Xkh3KFA0WRaqZiRGaXQpXpvVxH3zMoR/UA7HhxFuKBOzk1I 0aNrd4tiqoYbkeHhjPBPWXdxaUKoD+rLRpvREGumpeF698zdoqn3lmCrjwX0EinlFrXA 8VIlUZiF2gqOShKV/3ABzcoCUk4i0jq2RzCG4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=dtbNNXKjhHslJbyCFE7VLPZEPHESBDhLWhDOt4ZFW7w1LtirDiihiDyLyX3jYqfBux SS7CJLw3+jD2mADyXcCBcJ4tC3CLjXYrQBNWujcGvFIeaJIweEj29lQUwW5Vc9v9hAvx 0G7a+pRMuf7qRcO73CNcvrAfxjBcBDQvmOUuM=
indeed, by default you cannot use unsigned types because we did not see any use case for that. Actually I can see some use cases for unsigned char and unsigned short, but for int ? Do you really need unsigned int instead of int ?
anyway, adding the support of any custom type is trivial, and there is a tutorial in the API doc:http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/api/CustomizingEigen.html#CustomScalarType
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Jose Alcalá Correa <gskbyte@xxxxxxxxx>
I'm using Eigen2 for a practice at the University, and I'd like to use this kind of Vectors:
typedef Matrix<unsigned int, 3, 1> Vector3ui;
But it returns a lot of errors during compilation. Can't I use unsigned types with Eigen Matrices?
Thanks for your great job!
Jose Alcalá Correa