|Re: [eigen] Matrix assignment|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Matrix assignment
- From: "Gael Guennebaud" <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:58:01 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=BFleCMcKcUh41q4Mo8r0DHT1h8+7i1oaa8bA/bonodI=; b=S5yblygfaTiSM9H+z4DfAH3bAvrFBuLnGti19Dr/SIoDT1iM8UHBKW9Dp6WSR1e5Uo seg7Kncx0/0aB2PsjrbjhlNxfgTKX1xLB12R8PMq6rH8i0Jub8qjJf9FuM/3gLNwp/QE jGR4KHxMDvL6l/RvsKe8Ew6m6PTuXKe+8e0hg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=EmmbyXtVS66257bbckFjK4ZmMDyFa37ZVCn4IiGHjzg/YBOPbeJnq/mjxIoOivg5lE o8gC33WD13y+SENnchmvBynnYVl43iBI3BePltSNr4oJ3+e+cYCy6DdleKbBd63llhjm NFA7Oj8xcG1q8MFrPCg86IuLCpBX7jm1bkg00=
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:47 PM, Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pretty good idea!
> We'll just need to make clear in the docs: "if you use the default Matrix()
> constructor for a dynamic-size matrix, then you need to set() this matrix
> before doing anything else with it".
> Seems reasonable to me, and i like the idea of avoiding all that overhead in
> dynamic matrix assignment; even if it was negligible in terms of time, it
> generated code, for every different expression type we assigned, which could
> be non-negligible.
make sense to me too.