Re: [eigen] Matrix assignment

Pretty good idea!

We'll just need to make clear in the docs: "if you use the default Matrix()
constructor for a dynamic-size matrix, then you need to set() this matrix
before doing anything else with it".

Seems reasonable to me, and i like the idea of avoiding all that overhead in
dynamic matrix assignment; even if it was negligible in terms of time, it
generated code, for every different expression type we assigned, which could
be non-negligible.

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 18:37:35 Cristóvão Sousa wrote:
> And _maybe_ there will be no need for a zero sized matrix
> operator= resizing assignment, because set() is as well
> intuitive.
>
> Cheers,
> Cristóvão Sousa
>

> ---