Re: [eigen] another idea for a mascot: an owl

I vote for cockroaches! My explanation is simple---they've been around for ages. So has mathematics :)

Christian Mayer wrote:
Me too for the Owl!

Schleimer, Ben schrieb:
Weird, I was thinking about an owl as a good mascot too.

I vote yes for the owl..

Cheers
Ben

--- Benoît Jacob <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just remembered an idea that I have been having for some time: an owl. There are two aspects to an owl:
- it can be made to look cute/silly
- it is a kind of a symbol for wisdom/intelligence (good for a math library). It remains so even if we make it look cute/silly.

Think of Archimedes, Merlin's pet owl in the disney movie.