Re: [eigen] another idea for a mascot: an owl

ROFL! By the same argument, mathematicians also can be compared to
cockroaches, so I'm not sure I want to relay that message!

More generally the idea of an insect (like an ant...) is quite good but
there's a problem: they are hard to draw. Look at the Abiword ant, it's
terrible! At least if you want to make to make them attractive in any sense
of the word (funny would be enough).

But in the same vein we could go farther and use a stylised microb with sharp
teeth and a wicked gaze. THEY have been around forever. Also that'd represent
the lightweight aspect of Eigen (in # of loc).

Personnally I still prefer a fluffy and wise little owl, if it's really well
done. Since there are already 3 voices for the owl, what also matters to me
is if anyone is really AGAINST it. If nobody objects, I'll soon blog about
that and ask for artist contributions.