[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] update
- From: "Schleimer, Ben" <bensch128@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:16:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=iaJerHmMTs6FYUq0Q2ChNjXzLOci0a3iDiQr5S7RVyCeYiB67kDhkG/dO432Covc0Tek4jqRxOhOx3GTBzd7auv32u46kOiufg11nUngF7i2cjbKuBvNIvwIQP1Fxm+nPzf0K4fPBtRJQ2NEi/3v7WfCvabmo5Z5jpePdmom65A=;
> I just understood the other reason why gmm++ doesn't overload operators, not
> even assignment operators. gmm++ hasn't fully decided whether it was a
> standalone library or a glue between other existing libraries. So it tries to
> be easily extensible to interface with any other library. The problem is then
> that you can't overload assignment operators from outside a class.
> This is where we can add something. We, contrary to gmm++, don't aim at being
> easily extensible from the outside.
> Just defining our "branding" :)
Heh, we need a marketing squad for eigen2 so it'll be put up on billboard.... ;)
> Me too, as I'll be defending my phd thesis in one week! Thanks for the kind
Wow, that's exciting. I hope you talk those professors down ;).
What your thesis on?