|Re: [eigen] two decisions to take|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] two decisions to take
- From: "Schleimer, Ben" <bensch128@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=wcR/ywLzYxrrJbP4id3+hMb3VyqWBPvWjYweoVTUbJuwhJltuq2R67RutsCaSGgkYYMVrJ2j8ApSz9+4UGmREW/c/8gRJ4+pwNIBggXz+TuaG/d2YFYwAFphT+MfO/aGhNabj3F7f3rPq+Sk24CFKTpAPOeRwqCiQkeA8fUOct4=;
> > if we license as LGPL v3, then GPL-v2-only projects can't use Eigen. That's
> > a problem, but how big is it? Are there many GPL-v2-only projects out
> > there?
> kdelibs, other parts and Qt itself.
> That is the reason why KDE is not allowed to move to GPL3 and why KDE4.0 is
> not allowed to use Samba 4 (Samba recently switched to GPL3).
Sigh, I agree. It's not a good idea to go to LGPLv3 while kde is still LGPLv2. Then there might be
problems mixing the code.