Re: [eigen] restarting

Hi again,

On Sunday 02 September 2007 21:38:14 Schleimer, Ben wrote:
> > Out of the 12,200 lines of code in TVMET, there currently remain only
> > 3,800 in my local version
>
> What was the complexity that TVMET added which eigen2 doesn't need?

I forgot something crucial in passing from 12,200 to 3,800 lines of code: I
realized that there is no need to write a whole separate Vector class -- the
Matrix class is enough. Vectors are just Matrices with 1 column.

That sure means that there'll be some unwanted methods in the API, like a
operator()(int, int) in the Vector classes. But hey, this is a pure template
library so no code is generated for the unused methods, and as to
documentation it'll be necessary anyway to write fake source files to run
doxygen on, so the unwanted methods just won't be mentioned in the API.