Re: [eigen] speed with g++-4.2

Benoît Jacob wrote:
Hi List,

Following Michael's post I upgraded to g++ 4.2.1 and I get results similar to his. In my small benchmark, the speed of eigen2 with g++-4.2 is 4x faster than eigen2 with g++-4.1, and 10% faster than tvmet with g++-4.2.

Even better, this is with the latest svn revision in which the __restrict__'s have been removed. So it looks like we won't need to use restricted pointers, which is relieving.

just one word: AWESOME! keep on!

maybe someone could make speed tests with visual c++ ? i do not have the time currently...