|Re: [eigen] MatrixX multiply|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] MatrixX multiply
- From: "Steven große Deters" <steven.grossedeters@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:18:49 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=BNXDgahJrqxJvbxqJA3xGJ+fTB+4QO71Jyq002yRUfTuTl+UCseAhLMWmeOXknV91v32Ja4DQIgRKNNn/RVBQrXWdPM8ESzMhvDgkaelDdxnoDG1cELMGLqgqmURpxlqlX2nzCPN814tfCz493Pky/0boLWhZ5ccQKZ+lUfn5I8=
Currently, Eigen doesn't provide any function for entry-by-entry product. The
reason is, that I have never seen a real-world use for that operation.
If you have a real need for it, could you explain it to me? If it's
convincing, i'll add it to the Eigen API for the next minor update (
That is a little difficulty to explain. In short: I am calculating a Gaussian function for an image which describes the probability densities of the colour distribution. This is used for image segmentation.
As a part of this calculation a covariance matrix (I don't know if that's the proper term in english) is needed. In order to calculate the covariance matrix I need the entry-by-entry product.
(this explanation might not be totally correct - I am unfortunately not the mathematical master mind of this project)