Re: [crisos] Re: kmod-usb-sound?

Thank you Salvatore for your support.

I will continue debuging and will let you know how it goes.

/Oscar

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Salvatore Lionetti <salvatorelionetti@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

You could ensure that ctrl messages are disabled during audio streaming or viceversa (es at startup i expect many ctrl message).

A device could choice to 'syncronize' with a device starting a 0byte isoc urb simply to check sequence number. Over this chip 'etrax' i think this behaviour should be avoided.

In this way you can see if the problem is due to chip errata or to a driver bug.

Have a good day

In detail:
As you report, assertion at line 3523 say that urb type is not isochronous: this mean that:
1) A corruption take place on urb data struct (driver bug?)
or
2) Packet type was delivered ('exchanged') to wrong completion callback, sounding like errata on cris site.

Dumping entire urb one can recognize what is the problem.
However in second case (packet type misleading) perhaps the simplest debug method is strace, detecting ioctrl()(ctrl urb) vs write()read()(isoc urb)

To go deepest in this pb you could use directly procfs.
Just for speak, pb you reported is the cause i've trying other hw platform. About one year ago, i wrote a meta-usb-driver (similar to procfs concept), in which i successfully program an usb sound device (also sco protocol from bt dongle to/from headset). Configuration does not respect all usb audio standard (like a description what of block) but only one kernel module is needed and a simple threaded program, with gui, allow use of such device.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/usu/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/usb2jack-user/