Re: [crisos] USB wlan RT73, and now?

Hi Michael,
2008/3/25, Michael Buhr <crisos@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello List,
>
>  after playing around with the SDK supplied by acmesystems, i thought
>  it's time to look for something better. I successfully installed the
>  binary from http://www.crisos.org/ and installed the RT73 package with
>  'ipkg install kmod-rt73'. My usb wlan dongle shows up (iwconfig).
>  But, where do I have to do the configuration (essid, keys, dhcp, etc.)?

Yes, it's true at the moment there no way for configuring wireless
interface, I'm working for an "elegant" solution.
But don't worry, you can easy workaround this issues placing your script in:
/etc/init.d/custom-user-startup

Some thing like this:
ifconfig wlan0 up
iwconfig wlan0 essid youressid
pause 1
iwconfig wlan0 essid youressid
udhcpc -i wlan0 &

>  I was looking around and found some info on the openwrt page that some
>  scripts need to be in /lib/wifi. Are these scripts existing anywhere?

This script is part of madwifi and hostap
(https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/madwifi/files/lib/wifi/madwifi.sh?rev=10392)
and is used for setting up a wireless access point for atheros, prism2
and other few driver, cannot be used with rt73.

Personal script in /etc/init.d/custom-user-startup is better solution.

>  Thanks for your help,
>
>  Michael Buhr
>
>  btw. are there any plans to provide as a package? I would
>  appreciate it much!

I think that ser2net (http://ser2net.sourceforge.net/ and already into
repository) can be a valid substitution package. Make us know if I'm
in mistake and I will try to port termnetd too.

Bye
Claudio

---
CrisOs mailing list