Re: [cllfst] Have you met the MATE ?

hhhhhhhhh absolutely :) , her is a guide on how to get back classic gnome desktop on ubuntu 11.10. I hope that you will find it useful

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/08/installing-using-classic-gnome-desktop.html

2011/12/14 hatem ounis <ounishatem@xxxxxxxxx>
Yeah XFCE could be an alternative, but not acceptable for me personally, GNOME 2 still the most wonderful GUI I used ever.

About the latest version that comes with Ubuntu: It misses all the future :D I know you mean features but I'm just joking :D

--
Hatem Ounis.

"Command line is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are"

--
Amine Hmida
Élève Ingénieur en Informatique à la Faculté des Sciences de Tunis