[cllfst] Fwd: Talend Newsletter #14

Click here to read this newsletter in your language:

 A Message from Talend's CEO

Dear Customers, Partners, Users, and Community Members,

Before we fill you in on all the latest happenings at Talend, I want to share some wonderful news.

On January 26th Talend secured $12 million in a Series C funding round, led by Balderton Capital, an early investor in MySQL. Historic Talend investor AGF Private Equity also participated into this round, bringing Talend’s total funding to more than $20 million!.

Balderton General Partner Bernard Liautaud, the founder, CEO and Chairman of Business Objects for 18 years up until its eventual sale to SAP for $6.7 billion, has joined Talend’s Board of Directors. This is a terrific addition to an already strong team.

Besides being a validation of open source data integration solutions in general - and Talend's in particular - these funds will help fuel further worldwide growth and company expansion. We plan to increase our quarter-on-quarter revenues by 50% or more; double the number of company employees; and continue our geographical expansion. We will also continue to help our community grow and contribute more to the product, develop our OEM program to target more ISVs, small and large, in all industries, and deploy additional programs to support our channel. Finally, while we continue to reinforce our position in the data integration market as the only viable alternative to proprietary vendors, we also intend to become a key player in the SOA stack.

Thanks to everyone for making 2008 a pivotal year. We had phenomenal growth on all fronts - customers and partners, as well as downloads - highlighting the strong demand for our tools. And we're on track to make 2009 even better! All this is, of course, supported by an incredibly active community - your community.

Bertrand Diard, CEO & Co-founder

New Talend White Paper

Survey Results: Usage Landscape of Enterprise Open Source Data Integration

Enterprise data integration needs are growing exponentially over time, as is the interest in open source technologies and the adoption of open source solutions. And, as information systems are becoming more heterogeneous, the global economy is imposing cost controls on IT Managers, both in terms of staff and software. With this in mind Talend conducted a survey to define the usage landscape of open source data integration and to profile users of this technology.

Consolidating the open source experience of over 1000 respondents, this White Paper discusses the most commonly used data integration technologies, their benefits, and the associated decision criteria. It also highlights the types of projects open source data integration is used for, and how it complements other data integration technologies.

Download this White Paper!

Awards and Recognition

Talend Receives an Intelligent Enterprise Editors' Choice Award and is Named a "Company To Watch" in 2009

Calling Talend "The Leader in Open Source Data Integration and ETL" the editors of Intelligent Enterprise Magazine selected us as a "Company to Watch" in 2009. The company was selected based on its market leadership in open source data integration and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) technologies, in addition to the innovation of its products and strength of its industry partnerships.

Read more and take a look at the full list.

InfoWorld Gives Talend Open Studio a Perfect 10 for Value

Talend Open Studio received the "InfoWorld 2009 Technology of the Year" award, in the category "Best Data Integration Platform".

InfoWorld's review examined Talend Open Studio in six categories: capability, ease of development, documentation, performance, setup and value. Talend earned high marks across all areas, impressing InfoWorld with data integration features such as batch delivery, transforms, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) functions, data governance and a strong set of connectivity adapters. The review also commended Talend Open Studio for being "capable of scaling from small departmental file migrations to large-scale enterprise warehousing projects," and praised features recently introduced, including a native SAP connector, change impact analysis, and an ecosystem of components and connectors for community sharing.

Read the full InfoWorld Review.

How are they using Talend?

Practical Open Source Data Integration: Case Studies & Implementation Examples (Vol. 2)

Over the past few years, open source has established itself as a key component of the overall data integration market. Many organizations have adopted this model for their data integration projects. These organizations span all industries, all continents, and all company sizes. More importantly, their projects range from ETL for data warehousing or business intelligence to operational data integration, data migration, data synchronization, etc.

This second volume of Practical Open Source Data Integration: Case Studies & Implementation Examples presents selected case studies, illustrating real-life implementations of open source data integration and its associated benefits.

Download this report.

Talend Awards

Talend announces the Second Talend Awards!

The Talend Awards challenge rewards innovative uses of Talend products. Share your experience on how you got exceptional performance from Talend products, to become a Talend Ambassador and win an Apple iPod Touch!

Submit your entry to the Talend Awards today!

Talend Opens UK Office

In line with its global expansion strategy, Talend, the recognized market leader in open source data integration, has announced the opening of a new office in the United Kingdom. The new UK office based in Maidenhead will be headed-up by industry veteran, Martin James who has taken the reins as the UK Sales Director.

Read more.

Webinars

Talend's free Webinars cover both product information and open source data integration technology.

Addressed topics typically include:

  • ETL for BI
  • Data Migration
  • Data Quality
  • Change Data Capture
  • Data Integration for SAP
  • ELT

For all topics and dates visit our Webinar page.

If you're too busy for a scheduled session or missed a past Webinar, you can view replays of selected topics. Recordings last approximately one hour and include a presentation of the topic, a product demonstration, and a live Q&A session.

Access the On Demand Webinar library.

Join the Talend Discovery Roadshow!

Talend is going back on the road! Recent Talend Roadshow feedback proved that the best way to demonstrate the value of Talend's technology to potential users is to have them try it themselves. In these free 3-hour technical workshops participants will receive complimentary training on Talend Open Studio - and will leave with a USB key containing the data integration jobs they just developed.

Check out the Roadshow calendar and sign up:

We are currently working out the Q2 calendar, so don't hesitate to suggest new locations and/or dates.

Upcoming Events

March 23-26, 2009
Santa Clara, CA

March 24, 2009
Bordeaux, France

March 31-April 2, 2009
Paris, France

April 5-9, 2009
Tampa, FL

April 9, 2009
Paris La Défense, France

April 17-19, 2009
Barcelona, Spain

April 20-23, 2009
Santa Clara, CA

April 29-30, 2009
Nuremberg, Germany

May 3-8, 2009
Chicago, IL

June 9, 2009
Paris, France

June 15-17, 2009
Munich, Germany

June 16-17, 2009
Strasbourg, France

June 24-27, 2009
Berlin, Germany

For more information, and for an up-to-date list of Talend's events, visit Talend's Event Calendar.

From Talend's Blog

Talend's blog contains a large amount of information about the company and the data integration market. Check out these recent posts:

  Stay Tuned

Talend
8700 Warner Avenue, Suite 200
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
USA

Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!

--
"Donner la liberté aux individus ne suffit pas, il faut aussi leur donner du
pouvoir, de la puissance d'agir." M Gauchet

"Give freedom to people is not enough, we also have to give them the power
to use this freedom, to act". M Gauchet