[CBLX] Projet http://debianfork.org: Devuan GNU/Linux - une Debian sans systemd

Le projet Devuan (prononcé "Dev One" en Anglais) est un fork de Debian
Jessie, mais où l'on peut choisir entre systemd et sysvinit, peut-être es-ce
une option pour tous ceux qui tiennent à leurs habitudes et ont encore trop
peur des grands changements!!!
Ceci dit, si quelqu'un sait nous expliquer la différence fondamentale entre
systemd et sysvinit, ainsi que les ev. conséquences... il est le bienvenu!

Devuan GNU/Linux - Debian without systemd.

<lynx screenshot>

     [1]Don't panic and keep forking Debian™! :^)   Once upon a time there
   was a Debian fork

   [2]Dyne.org

   Dear Init-Freedom lovers, the Veteran Unix Admin collective salutes
   you!

   Our project is called "Devuan".

   Devuan is spelled in Italian and it is pronounced just like "DevOne" in
   English.

   Devuan developers can be reached with an e-mail to onelove at devuan
   dot org.

OK guys, nevermind the names, but what's the plan?

   Have you tried to opt-out of the systemd change in Debian and stay with
   sysvinit, or whatever other init you prefer? You will quickly notice
   that is not a matter of choosing packages and in fact Debian offers no
   choice.
   We want freedom to choose.

   Our intention in short: we plan to have a well stable, production ready
   fork of Debian in place about the time Jessie will come out: we will
   keep everything intact, just avoid to be locked in the overwhelming web
   of dependencies of systemd.
   This plan is ambitious, but feasible in our opinion - and we are
   [3]accepting donations for it.

   Curious about how is going? read the latest tri-mestral [4]developer's
   update (22 December 2014) and the [5]almost weekly Devuan community
   news. You can also [6]follow Devuan on Twitter and participate to our
   [7]discussion mailinglist.

   Can't wait to be involved? join the development platform, here is our
   [8]code repository.

   Or in case you are an artist [9]propose a design for Devuan, we will
   choose one soon.

What Devuan should be then? is it really a fork?

   This is just the start of a process, as bold as it sounds to call it a
   fork of Debian. This exodus is ultimately being a relief for some of us
   and should lead to the creation a peaceful space for work we are well
   able to do. To help with this adventure and its growth, we ask you to
   get involved, but also to [10]donate money so that we can cover the
   costs of setting the new infrastructure in place, but also support
   independent projects that can help us to achieve Init Freedom.

   Devuan aims to be a base distribution whose mission is protect the
   freedom of its community of users and developers. Its priority is to
   enable diversity, interoperability and backward compatibility for
   existing Debian users and downstream distributions willing to preserve
   Init freedom.

   Devuan will derive its own installer and package repositories from
   Debian, modifying them where necessary, with the main goals of
   achieving minimalism and Init Freedom. Our objective for the spring of
   2015 is that users will be able to switch from Debian 7 to Devuan 1
   smoothly, as if they would dist-upgrade to Jessie, and start using our
   package repositories.

   Devuan will make an effort to rebuild an infrastructure similar to
   Debian, but will also take the opportunity to innovate some of its
   practices. Devuan developers look at this project as a fresh new start
   for a community of interested people and do not intend to vexate any
   participant with hierarchy and bureaucracy beyond real cases of
   emergency. We are well conscious this is possible for us mostly because
   of starting small again; we will do our best to not repeat the same
   mistakes and we welcome all Debian Developers willing to join us on
   this route.

   The Devuan distribution will make an effort to improve the relationship
   with both upstream and downstream and, particularly in its gestational
   phase, will do its best to accomodate needs of those downstream
   distributions willing to adopt it as base. We look forward to
   statements of interest from such distributions, as well involvement in
   this planning phase.

   Devuan will do its best to stay minimal and abide to the UNIX
   philosophy of "doing one thing and doing it well". Devuan perceives
   itself not as an end product, but a starting point for developers, a
   viable base for sysadmins and a stable tool for people who have
   experience of Debian. Devuan will never compromise for more efficiency
   at the cost of the the freedom of its users, rather than leave such
   concerns to the independent choices made by downstream developers.

If you need Devuan, then join it and support it now!

   Designers and creatives: please contribute artworks!

   Donations: [11]https://devuan.org/donate.html

   Development: [12]https://git.devuan.org/explore

   General discussion (1st mailinglist):

   IRC on freenode: #debianfork (generic discussion) and #devuan
   (development).

   Happy hacking! :&^)

     * All information on this page is free to copy.
       Devuan is a community project and is not affiliated with the Debian
       project.
       Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public
       Interest, Inc.

</lynx screenshot>

Referenties

   1. https://devuan.org/
   2. https://www.dyne.org/
   3. http://debianfork.org/donate.html
   4. http://debianfork.org/newsletter_22dec.html
   5. http://lists.devuan.org/dwn
   6. https://twitter.com/DevuanOrg
   8. https://git.devuan.org/explore
   9. http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Logo
  10. https://devuan.org/donate.html
  11. https://devuan.org/donate.html
  12. https://git.devuan.org/explore

----- End forwarded message -----

==
  |  Verstuurd vanaf mijn GNU/Linux  |  Envoyé de mon GNU/Linux  |