[CBLX] FBCMD: Command Line for Facebook | (Linux Magazine)

Hello le forum,

de plus en plus d'amis et amies valides m'invitent, ou me demandent pourquoi
je ne fais (toujours) pas partie de la GRANDE communauté "fessebouc" :
- à la fois ça m'embête vu que je suis qq'un de très social,
- en même temps j'ai pas envie *ni* de devoir trop donner d'infos perso à
  cette société désormais quotée en Bourse, *ni* à accéder à mon compte
  FB par outil graphique.

Mais apparement (et vous me direz si vous en avez déjà rencontrés d'autres)
il existe bel et bien un tool, appelé FBCMD, comme dans
"FaceBook CoMmanDline tool", en ligne de commande donc!

cf. URL: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/8705/
	(voir les [ ] refs tout en bas)

<snip>
 FBCMD: Command Line for Facebook

    What's better than the command line and Facebook? How about combining
    the two?
    By Ken Hess

    Monday, May 16th, 2011

    Just because you’re stuck at the command line all day long doesn’t mean
    that you can’t participate in the awesomeness of social networking. You
    can enjoy both with [40]FBCMD, the command line Facebook applications.
    Back in February, I wrote [41]Tweeting from the Command Line with Twyt,
    which, as you remember, was an article covering the command line
    Twitter client, Tywt. Now, you can have your Facebook and the
    convenience of the command line to satisfy your social networking
    addiction. And, better still is that at the command line, no one will
    ever suspect that you’re Facebooking. Power to the people! The command
    line-using people, that is.

    The Basics

    There are a few prerequisites for installing the command line Facebook
    application, FBCMD. PHP 5.x is a requirement, since the application is
    a single PHP file. You can install php5 via any method you wish but, in
    my experience, I had to install php5-cli, php5-gd, and php5-mysql to
    use this application. Your experience and mileage may vary.

    Connect to the FBCMD and download the PHP file or grab it easily via
    curl.
 $ curl -O https://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd/raw/master/fbcmd_update.php

    And, run the following two commands to complete this very simple
    installation.
 $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php sudo

 fbcmd update utility [version 2.91]

 http://fbcmd.dtompkins.com/update

 php fbcmd_update.php install

 fbcmd update utility [version 2.91]

 http://fbcmd.dtompkins.com/update

 Update: COMPLETE!

 fbcmd version: [none] --> [1.0-beta5-dev1]

 Note: fbcmd_update.php is now at [/usr/local/lib/fbcmd/fbcmd_update.php]
 so you can remove the old one at [/home/khess/fbcmd_update.php]

 type fbcmd to begin

    As the prompt suggests, type fbcmd and see what happens.
 $ fbcmd

 Welcome to fbcmd! [version 1.0-beta5-dev1]

 This application needs to be authorized to access your facebook account.

 Step 1: Allow basic (initial) access to your acount via this url:

 https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=42463270450&redirect_uri=http:/
 /www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html

 to launch this page, execute: fbcmd go access

 Step 2: Generate an offline authorization code at this url:

 http://www.facebook.com/code_gen.php?v=1.0&api_key=42463270450

 to launch this page, execute: fbcmd go auth

 obtain your authorization code (XXXXXX) and then execute: fbcmd auth XXXXXX

    These messages explain the steps you need to take next to grant FBCMD
    access to your Facebook information.

    Making the Facebook Connection

    Perform the following connections from a Linux desktop system because
    some of these commands use Firefox (or your default browser) to
    initiate the connections and setup the application. Open a Terminal and
    type in the following commands.
 fbcmd go access

    Your Internet browser will open to Facebook and prompt you for login.
    If you see a link that reads, “Login with Command Line” or something
    similar, select that link and login to Facebook. If you don’t see that
    link, login to Facebook the way you normally do. Return to your
    Terminal window and issue the following command:
 $ fbcmd go access

    This command prompts another connection to Facebook, where you should
    see a six character code that you’ll need for the next step.
 fbcmd auth XXXXXX

 fbcmd [v1.0-beta5-dev1] AUTH Code accepted.
 Welcome to FBCMD, Kenneth Hess!

 most FBCMD commands require additional permissions.
 to grant default permissions, execute: fbcmd addperm

    As instructed, issue the command in the message.
 $ fbcmd addperm

 launching: https://www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?client_id=42463270450&redirect
 _uri=http://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html&scope=create_event,frie
 nds_about_me,friends_activities,friends_birthday,friends_checkins,friends_educa
 tion_history,friends_events,friends_groups,friends_hometown,friends_interests,f
 riends_likes,friends_location,friends_notes,friends_online_presence,friends_pho
 to_video_tags,friends_photos,friends_relationship_details,friends_relationships
 ,friends_religion_politics,friends_status,friends_videos,friends_website,friend
 s_work_history,manage_friendlists,manage_pages,offline_access,publish_checkins,
 publish_stream,read_friendlists,read_mailbox,read_requests,read_stream,rsvp_eve
 nt,user_about_me,user_activities,user_birthday,user_checkins,user_education_his
 tory,user_events,user_groups,user_hometown,user_interests,user_likes,user_locat
 ion,user_notes,user_online_presence,user_photo_video_tags,user_photos,user_rela
 tionship_details,user_relationships,user_religion_politics,user_status,user_vid
 eos,user_website,user_work_history

    Your FBCMD to Facebook connection is now complete and you’re ready to
    use FBCMD. To test that assertion, try the following command to see the
    permissions you granted the application.
 $ fbcmd showperm
 PERMISSION                    GRANTED?
 ads_management                0
 create_event                  1
 email                         0
 friends_about_me              1
 friends_activities            1
 friends_birthday              1
 friends_checkins              1
 friends_education_history     1
 friends_events                1
 friends_groups                1
 user_videos                   1
 user_website                  1
 user_work_history             1
 xmpp_login                    0

    A ’1′ means permission granted and a ’0′ means permission denied. You
    can change permissions at any time by issuing the addperm keyword and a
    permission. See the FBCMD [42]Command Documentation for a complete
    listing of command keywords and syntax.

    Using FBCMD

    I can’t show you all of the FBCMD commands but I can show you a few of
    the fun ones. You can do almost anything with the command line
    interface that you can with the web interface. Your results may vary
    but generally speaking everything works pretty well. To see a list of
    your friends who are signed into Facebook, use fonline.
 $ fbcmd fonline

 NAME                    ONLINE_PRESENCE
 Friend One              idle
 Friend Two              idle
 Friend Three            idle
 Friend Four             idle
 Friend Five             active
 Friend Six              active
 Friend Seven            active

    To see a list of messages that your friends have posted to your wall,
    use mywall.
 $ fbcmd mywall
 [#]  NAME          MESSAGE

 [1]  Friend One  Hi , Hope you are good

    You can read your Facebook messages with the inbox keyword.
 $ fbcmd inbox
 [#]   FIELD     VALUE

 [1]   subject   [Hello]
       :to/from  Friend Four
       :snippet  Hi, what's up?

    To check those annoying event invitations that people send you, use
    events.
 $ fbcmd events
 [#]  START_TIME        RSVP         EVENT
 [1]  Wed May 25 02:00  not_replied  Towel Day - Celebrating Douglas Adams
 [2]  Sat Jul 16 10:00  declined     William Bernhardt Small-Group Seminar
                                                                         (Level
 3)

    And, last but not least, you can update your status. You wouldn’t want
    anyone to miss any aspect of your fascinating existence or your latest
    video game scores.
 $ fbcmd post "This is a test post from FBCMD"
 POST_ID
 1443542993_205008538849

    If you’re a PHP programmer, I suggest that you expand and extend this
    application by contacting the primary developer. See the [43]Contribute
    page for more information.

    For those of you who love to use Facebook, you’re sure to love an easy
    to install, easy to use command line Facebook application like FBCMD.
    FBCMD has a lot of potential as an evolving command line application
    that I hope someone incorporates into a repository so that it’s even
    easier to install for those who don’t like to install applications.
    Those of us who like a challenge are in the minority. Most people just
    want something that works and works without hassle or strain. Make it
    so, Linux fans.
    Kenneth Hess is a Linux evangelist and freelance technical writer on a
    variety of open source topics including Linux, SQL, databases, and web
    services. Ken can be reached via his website at
    [44]http://www.kenhess.com. Practical Virtualization Solutions by
    Kenneth Hess and Amy Newman is available now.

 Comments on "FBCMD: Command Line for Facebook"

 Evropi

    This kind of stuff is so, so wrong. What a step back.

    Facebook may not be the prettiest of websites but it’s functional.
    Switching back to some offline application, especially one in a
    bloomin’ terminal is a huge, huge step backwards. This will slow our
    Facebook “productivity” if anything. Enough said.

    PS: No photos or videos are visible in a command line either, which is
    hilarious. Why would you take out so many important parts of Facebook
    to make yourself a massive geek who is actually less “productive” with
    the website? This just makes the experience less social. Disgusting.

 [45]May 21st, 2011 at 4:37 am

 edounn
        Just for fun

 [47]July 2nd, 2011 at 12:42 am

 dabeed
        It’s geek amusement!

 [49]August 3rd, 2011 at 4:19 am

        With this we can automate our status updates. We can write scripts
        to write posts of wals. We can upload pics without selecting
        multiple file one at a time and a lot which you will take too much
        time from a web browser.

 [51]November 28th, 2011 at 2:14 am

        You obviously spend allot of time looking at pretty pictures and
        videos. Start thinking like someone who matters. Someone who wants
        to get information on and to customers. People have been hounding
        me for automated alerting and communication concerning goods they
        have ordered and due-dates for items they have rented. Email is
        ok…sms..again works. Allot of people though focus on this most of
        the day..(from the sounds of it you are one of them) Now I can
        throw your bill right into your face while you are watching that
        video you enjoy so much. Get a Life…you probably owe me money…pay
        up cause i want that new jet-ski and you owe me. Oh ya and quit the
        high-level scrutiny of these things that are obviously beyond your
        vision. Simple,clean and efficient. This sort of code is what
        handles your pathetic attempts to be social through your computer.
        Be grateful someone took the time to work it out for you.

 [53]January 18th, 2012 at 11:25 pm

      lol upload 100 pictures with a single line
      download all my pictures in 1 second
      automated scripts.
      nuff said

 [55]January 28th, 2012 at 11:46 am

 glindner

    Evropi, I think this may have been designed as an extension which
    allows FB access for an app you may be writing. Let FBCMD maintain the
    API interface and just give/take the text provided to do something with
    FB. I don’t think anyone would use this as their direct access to the
    FB experience.

    I could see using this to monitor my FB feed and streaming a banner on
    my television or monitor when an update occurs. Or, as part of a
    aggregator which updates FB, Twitter, etc.

 [57]May 22nd, 2011 at 8:39 am

 buyerbrown

    This looks a interesting.

    I have been learning to respect the power behind command line but
    having trouble wrapping my mind around this idea.

    I Guess:

    1. It could be used as a fun command line project showing some other
    usage for the command line. (something just for fun)

    2. Maybe some folks have no other choice but command line say during
    work and would like to update their facebook (but most of us have other
    devices with us to do that, and your at work and, should not be doing
    facebook anyways, but hey that just me)

    3. I could see Glinder’s idea could be useful.

    Mostly i would have to agree with Evropi facebook was never meant for
    command line usage – its a rich media environment – This app is like
    inviting people to a command line 3d movie makes no sense but hey i
    don’t know how to program something like this so i cant down the
    creativity of it.

    maybe the creator can give some more ideas or reasoning behind it

 [59]June 1st, 2011 at 5:17 am

   zdwc01

   sudo php : command not found…..now what

   [61]June 3rd, 2011 at 3:53 pm

       raevin
       sudo search google and rtfm
       [63]http://www.google.com/search?q=sudo+php+%3A+command+not+found&i
       e=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox
       -a

       [64]June 4th, 2011 at 6:08 am

   dharmrajbind

   Not getting connected to fbcmd after running this command:
   $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php sudo

   Output it shows is:

   You are being [66]redirected.

   [67]June 7th, 2011 at 1:03 pm

       dharmrajbind
       $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php sudo
       You are being redirected

       [69]June 7th, 2011 at 1:05 pm

       perl2ruby
       disclaimer: use these instructions at your own risk
       You can install as follows (requires git client and github
       account):
       git clone git://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd.git
       cd fbcmd
       sudo php fbcmd_update.php
       sudo php fbcmd_update.php install
       fbcmd # will tell you what to do next
       fbcmd go access
       fbcmd go auth
       fbcmd addperm # to grant default permissions to your facebook
       account

       [71]August 14th, 2011 at 5:58 am

       curl issue.
       replace
       curl -O
       [73]https://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd/raw/master/fbcmd_update.php
       with
       wget
       [74]https://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd/raw/master/fbcmd_update.php

       [75]February 10th, 2012 at 3:28 am

   Neelamegan

   Superb…
   But i think many peoples wont wish to browse in command line

   [77]June 29th, 2011 at 11:28 pm

   hal736

   This is awesome! I just got a pertelian ([79]http://www.pertelian.com/
   ) and this is exactly what I was looking for. I can use this to throw
   data to my pertelian, and watch my facebook feed while doing other
   things on my computer.
   As for those with the comments about this being a waste, or a step
   backwards: what do you think happens in your browser to give you all
   those pretty pictures and text and ads? Those are commands being run by
   your browser. Some of us like to know what is going on in the
   background, and because of that, you get to just use your mouse, and
   only need our keyboard to post comments.

   [80]August 16th, 2011 at 2:58 pm

       Yep its good to know whats going on..there is also those of us that
       want to build web apps that contact customers automatically…to
       inform them there ordered stock has come in…or their rented
       inventory is due back. So many people think this stuff is all about
       what it appears to be. Like everything is supposed to work like the
       photo on a cereal box. I have a life..i have a business..i don’t
       have time to sit around and bs all day and night with people on
       facebook. But I sure do like the idea of getting info to my
       customers when and where they are paying attention. It just cracks
       me up that anyone would bad mouth something so transparent and
       simple. Go back to your cubical and farmvill it up. We on the other
       hand will be using the Command line to send you a bill. Bam!

       [82]January 18th, 2012 at 11:11 pm

   I have been browsing online greater than 3 hours as of late, but I
   never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It?s beautiful
   value enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and bloggers made
   just right content material as you did, the web will likely be much
   more helpful than ever before.

   [84]November 2nd, 2011 at 5:54 pm

   This is the programm for make the facebook, or this is the programm for
   edit….. the command line of facebook….. you can send e-mail to me….
   from khmerlinuxboy

   [86]November 13th, 2011 at 10:47 pm

   You are a great teacher. By far more helpful and knowledgeable than
   most of my professors in college.[88]wood pellet mill

   [89]November 17th, 2011 at 7:31 pm

   I don’t even know the way I stopped up here, but I thought this put up
   used to be good. I do not understand who you are but definitely you are
   going to a well-known blogger if you are not already. Cheers!

   [91]November 21st, 2011 at 2:35 pm

   advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I am including this RSS
   to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective
   fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..

   [93]January 4th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

   I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I will
   bookmark your weblog and take a look at once more here frequently. I’m
   reasonably certain I?ll be informed many new stuff right right here!
   Good luck for the following!

   [95]January 6th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

   I used to be recommended this web site by means of my cousin. I am not
   sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else recognise such
   certain approximately my problem. You are wonderful! Thank you!

   [97]January 7th, 2012 at 12:23 pm

   My brother suggested I might like this website. He was once totally
   right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t believe just how
   much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

   [99]January 9th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

   I have been browsing on-line more than three hours nowadays, yet I by
   no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty
   worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers
   made good content material as you did, the web will be much more useful
   than ever before.

   [101]January 24th, 2012 at 10:46 am

   Hi, Neat post. There is a problem along with your site in internet
   explorer, could test this? IE still is the marketplace leader and a
   huge element of other folks will leave out your great writing because
   of this problem.

   [103]January 26th, 2012 at 10:59 am

   I thought I would give those struggling to install and run this AWESOME
   app a guideline to what I did on my Ubuntu 11.10 machine.

   $ sudo aptitude install php5-cli
   $ sudo wget
   [105]https://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd/raw/master/fbcmd_update.php
   $ cd fbcmd
   $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php
   $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php sudo
   $ php fbcmd_update.php install
   $ fbcmd
   $ fbcmd go access //go to facebook
   $ fbcmd go auth

   [106]February 16th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

       I recommend you advise using apt-get as aptitude is not in a
       default install anymore. It will confuse users less.

       [108]March 10th, 2012 at 8:18 pm

   I thought I would give those struggling to install and run this AWESOME
   app a guideline to what I did on my Ubuntu 11.10 machine.

   $ sudo aptitude install php5-cli
   $ sudo apt-get install curl
   $ sudo apt-get install curl //git and curl installed if you are working
   on //rails
   $ sudo wget
   [110]https://github.com/dtompkins/fbcmd/raw/master/fbcmd_update.php
   $ cd fbcmd
   $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php
   $ sudo php fbcmd_update.php sudo
   $ php fbcmd_update.php install
   $ fbcmd
   $ fbcmd go access //go to facebook
   $ fbcmd go auth //go to facebook for auth code
   $ fbcmd auth XXXXXX //replace X with auth code
   $ fbcmd addperm

   Follow the rest of the article and enjoy!

   [111]February 16th, 2012 at 4:50 pm

   My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was totally right.
   This put up actually made my day. You cann’t believe just how much time
   I had spent for this information! Thanks!

   [113]February 18th, 2012 at 12:25 pm

   Whats up very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I’ll
   bookmark your site and take the feeds also?I’m happy to seek out
   numerous helpful information here in the put up, we want develop extra
   strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Refs:

  40. http://fbcmd.dtompkins.com/
  41. http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7695/
  42. http://fbcmd.dtompkins.com/commands