Re: [cairo-compmgr] ccm and EXA

Hi Nicolas,

2008/2/7, gandalfn <gandalfn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello,
>
> I don't known on which version of Xorg you try it, but I noticed this
> problem with xorg on gutsy, I think it's due intel drivers which doesn't
> implement completely EXA without xorg-server 1.4. I begin to test it on
> hardy when beta released, for now keep XAA.

Thanks for the information!

> Elsewhere, I'm really happy on job you made for magnifier, I merged it
> in master branch. Belou begin to work on libccm-toolkit a library which
> provide some matrix semantic object...

This seems to be quite interesting, so interesting that I would like
to know what hell is? :-)

> ...and i began mosaic plugin. If you
> are interested, to help us i can open a ssh access on ccm git repos. We
> can made a branch for your work we'll can merge regularly with main
> stream.

It's very cool, but I don't know if I will be able to contribute soon with ccm.

As I already tell you my principal interest is magnification and for
now I'm studying how to wrap cairo, so applications can provide SVG
representations of what they draw to applications/plugins interested
in they (magnifiers). This is my primary concern for now, since I saw
that you change how the magnifier plugin render it's magnified image
(I probably know your reasons, performance), I believe that I must do
this work and show the result to you, so I probably can change your
mind, or create a fork of your GREAT work :-).

This kind of thing that I'm planning to do will probably be a punch in
performance, but as Kent Beck said: "Make it run, then make it right,
the make it fast".

Best regards and thanks for all your attention.

Carlos.

> Thanks very much for your work and your feedback
>
> Nicolas
> --
> gandalfn <gandalfn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---