Re: [AD] Don't use Devpaks

Allegro 5 isn't compatible in any way with Allegro 4, which is why there are several Devpak versions of it (AGUP in particular is only for Allegro 4 as you've discovered). Allegro 4 isn't at all supported these days, so if you opt to use it, you're a bit on your own.

In general, though, DevCpp hasn't really been good for a long time now. I would suggest you not use it. We do have a link to the Devpacks in the http://liballeg.org/download.html#windows section, but hopefully the 'Unofficial' should be enough to somewhat discourage you from using them.

These days the easiest way to use Allegro (5) from Windows is via MSVC, by following this tutorial: https://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Windows,_Visual_Studio_2015_and_Nuget_Allegro_5

There isn't an up-to-date tutorial for non-MSVC IDEs and compilers, but that is an option too (we provide binaries for MSYS2, which you could get working with Code::Blocks, if you wanted to).

-SL