Re: [AD] Duplicate "surfaceCreated" on Android - explanation needed

OK, I think I found the problem: when the game is suspended, "surface" member in AllegroActivity is not null-ed (even though its inner EGL surface is destroyed), therefore when we resume app, we already have an undead SurfaceView, for which system calls surfaceCreated. A patch would be just a call to destroySurface(); as a last line in public void onStop() in AllegroActivity.java. I tested it, and with it, I'm no longer getting duplicate events, and no new bugs appeared.

20.10.2015 23:20, Trent Gamblin пишет:
Yeah, sounds like a bug if you get two resume events. I can test my games if you come up with a patch (as a way of verifying we're not breaking any existing code...)

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Savenkov [mailto:max.savenkov@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: October 20, 2015 2:18 PM
To: Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx>; allegro-developers@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AD] Duplicate "surfaceCreated" on Android - explanation needed

Well, at the very least, it leads to all bitmaps being re-uploaded twice, which is a waste of time. But in my case, it also leads to a
confusion:

I have some textures with NO_PRESERVE_TEXTURE flag set, because I need to update them often from game code. When the game is resumed, I need to re-create their content (since it was not preserved during suspension).
But when I should do it? I get RESUME_DRAWING (and also SWITCH_IN and
RESIZE) events twice. If I try to re-create my textures both times, they end up with garbage somehow. If I only re-create them after the second set of events (when true AllegroSurface is created), things go better (though still with problems - loss of Alpha, for example, - which I'm going to try to pinpoint later).

Even though I can kinda work around this problem, workarounds are ugly, and I would very much prefer Allegro not to send me two sets of events.

You may not notice this problem unless you have bitmaps you need to re-create by hand, because automatic bitmaps work perfectly, even thought there is some overhead.