Re: [AD] Windows binary suggestion

First I've heard of this 8 bit PNG issue, I load a lot of 8 bit PNGs so it's strange...

The idea that it's "dangerous" to let the user load whatever format they want is pretty ridiculous.

As far as DLLs, it's more and more common for commercial games to have ZIP archive versions due to the installer fiascos (need some extra toolbars?)

That said, there are still a lot of other DLLs that you have to include and probably don't even use (theora, physfs isn't needed by many, etc)... So static linking is good, but it would be nice to have a single DLL that you could replace in case Allegro got some compatibility fixed after a game stopped being updated. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much...