Re: [AD] WebM - messy

I didn't try it but this example looks easy enough...

https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libvpx/+/v1.4.0/examples/simple_decoder.c

Op 15-06-15 17:19, Trent Gamblin schreef:
I'm able to play WebM videos (no audio) but I'm not sure this is much
better than ffmpeg. I have to copy a ton of headers and source files out
of the libvpx tree. There's probably a way to use just the core libvpx
but there's no documentation and I'm sure it would be a lot more
difficult. What I used is "vpxdec" from libvpx as a starting point.

Process would basically be: build libvpx, make libraries out of libwebm
and libyuv (included in libvpx but it doesn't build libraries, it does
build the object files though), manually install those libraries along
with make install for libvpx. Then you could build the video player
which includes a whole bunch of files from libvpx... not pretty.

It does have the advantage of being patent free, though. Not sure if I
should continue on with it or not.