[AD] [alleg:bugs] #371 ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN leaves a small part undrawn

Alt-tab is supposed to work in fullscreen. The purpose of fullscreen isn't to trap the user in an app. Look at any Windows game or properly written (SDL) game on Linux, they all allow alt-tab. The reason it doesn't work is the person who wrote Allegro's fullscreen code was lazy, so it has to be basically rewritten to fix this bug.

[bugs:#371] ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN leaves a small part undrawn

Group: 5.1
Created: Wed Nov 21, 2012 02:47 PM UTC by Jehan
Last Updated: Mon Mar 16, 2015 09:44 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

If I al_set_new_display_flags(ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN) then create a display, it has fullscreen features (on Linux, alt-tab does not switch to background windows for instance) but displays "nearly" fullscreen.

See attached screenshot, using released allegro 5.1.2, on a Mageia 2, Linux 64 bits.
Note that if I use ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN_WINDOW instead, it works well (all screen is black-ed), but I miss the other features of real fullscreen (no alt-tab, etc.).

Sent from sourceforge.net because alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/alleg/bugs/