Re: [AD] Linux Icons

On 12/31/2014 11:00 PM, Trent Gamblin wrote:
One thing I'd like to get fixed before 5.1.9 is icons on Linux.
al_set_display_icon works on many WMs but not on Unity (arguably the most
popular WM.) On Unity you have to have a .desktop file to have an icon in
alt-tab and in the taskbar. Fine. But when I create a .desktop, I still get
no icon.

I'm using the game Dustforce as a reference for a game that has an icon. I
copied their .desktop files exactly only changing the name of the game.
After running xprop on my game and theirs there are some differences. With
the attached patch, most of those differences are gone, at least the ones
that look significant.

I'm confused, does this patch fix the taskbar issue?

-SL