Re: [AD] Linux - shutting down

On 08/28/2014 10:48 AM, Peter Hull wrote:
Hi all,
If I stop a running allegro executable (on Linux) by calling exit(0),
should that automatically clean up or do I need to destroy the
bitmaps, display etc. first?
Pete

It should destroy everything, although due to how bitmap conversion works, it is more efficient to destroy the bitmaps manually.

The callback to register the destructors is set by `al_install_system`. If you use `al_init` then that callback is set to the C function `atexit`, the description of which you can read.

-SL