Re: [AD] Fullscreen problems on Linux

If you can figure out how to detect if mode setting doesn't work that would be a good start.

Trent

On 2014-07-09 1:09 PM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
On Wed 09 Jul 2014 09:45:47 AM Trent Gamblin wrote:
A full screen blit is not negligible on a netbook or similarly low
powered computer. It's a huge difference. The point is, whether you
personally would use it or not mode setting is something that should be
supported for people who want it. We won't get it though because open
source devs are morons as usual.
Personally I think we need both mode setting, and emulation. Of course if the
WM breaks mode setting on us, there's not much we can do about that. It'll
have to go in a FAQ, possibly in the docs, and on the wiki.

"Hey, your WM is broken!" And compiz is truly broken. A lot of things were
broken when I was writing the full screen and mode listing code, so much so
that I gave up trying to fix it all.

But yeah, if we can detect that mode setting is broken in ALLEGRO_FULLSCREEN,
it might make sense to emulate in that case. And allow the user to select the
emulated case as well.

Trent