Re: [AD] Primitives (DirectX) legacy check broken

Thanks for the info. I think what I want to do is create a separate legacy shader. Will look into it now.

Trent

----- Original Message ----- From: "SiegeLordEx" <slabode@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [AD] Primitives (DirectX) legacy check broken

I don't think I've ever expected those old cards to be used in
programmable pipeline mode. Perhaps a hack here is to add an allegro.cfg
entry to override the auto-detection of legacy cards, as it appears that
they work ok in some cases.

The reason why the legacy doesn't work with the programmable pipeline is
because the D3D shader gets the color information from one of the
texture coordinate variables, while the legacy mode stuffs it into the
'proper' place, i.e. the diffuse color variable. This means that an
alternate solution is to also introduce a legacy shader and/or branch in
the existing shader to deal with this difference. This would require yet
another allegro-set uniform to specify whether or not it is a legacy card.

-SL