Re: [AD] Android Locking

Trent,

I sort of see where you are coming from. Allegro development is currently progressing quite slowly... I think it is because there just aren't enough programmers who have enough time and motivation to work on it thoroughly. So the mailing list is bound to be slow. Of course, I've been idle too so I'm not the one to throw any stones.

My impression is, though, that you and Peter are both keeping Allegro moving forward. I really like Allegro, I think it's a great project, a portable, convenient and complete library for 2D games (or for supporting 3D games). I would be saddened to see you leave over a quarrel like this. I truly appreciate your contributions, even if I don't answer to this list, because I'm still not knowledgeable enough in many cases to contribute.

On a side note, I am firmly convinced that Allegro project has to focus more. Something has to go, and that is Allegro 4. People are still using that, but we don't have the resources to keep it going. It's time to deprecate it and pull the plug on it. As for the problem in question, I think it's fair to drop support for older versions of Android if we don't have
a particular need for them nor the resources to keep them supported.

Kind Regards,

B.