Re: [AD] Android Locking

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:13:22 -0700, "Trent Gamblin" <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since this is about the hundredth time I've asked for comments, and the
> hundredth time I've not received any, it seems futile to post to this list.
> Any time someone asks for comments I give them, and any time anyone asks for
> testing I do it. Since it's not working both ways, there's no point in me
> asking anything of anyone here anymore. And since when I go ahead and do
> something without asking, Peter "beautifies" the code and adds new problems
> in the process, I think it might be best for me to just fork Allegro
> privately on my own. It would make for a lot less hassles for me, that's for
> sure. So if you don't mind, please remove me from the developer list, revoke
> my access etc. and I'll go my own way.

Trent,

I didn't respond immediately because I simply don't know.  I don't do
any OpenGL programming except when I need to for Allegro so it's never
fresh in my mind.  In this case I don't have access to the hardware,
I've never seen the problem, I don't know what the problem is.  I left
the workaround there because it didn't seem to make things any worse
when I tested with the device that I *do* have.  Your guess will be
better than mine.  If you want my uninformed opinion: delete the
workaround.

I always try to leave code in a better state than it was, and I fix
significantly more bugs than I make.  Often I end up fixing quite old
bugs, too, because nobody else was looking and no bug was reported.
I don't appreciate you calling my contributions into question.

I do appreciate the work you've done, and I hope you will choose to
continue.

Peter